Monday, March 29, 2010

35

35 Weeks
Please don't mind the craptacular quality of my phone camera
35.
35 weeks DONE
35 days TO GO.
we are going to be parents.
WE are going to be parents.
we are going to be PARENTS!
I have a tiny human under my skin. He is cute, and pink, and plumping up, and strong, with tiny fingers and toes and a tiny nose and a cute tiny bum. A tiny person that hiccups, and stretches, and opens and closes his eyes. He practices swallowing. His tiny little organs are all but done. If he came now (which we aren't allowing yet (which I wish we COULD allow right now)) He could breath on his own and would have no issues with living. He would just be even tinier than the full term tiny humans.

I will have a full term baby in my belly in 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS I could have a baby and he wouldn't be considered a premie. TWO WEEKS!

Next week we get to pre-register at the hospital. Next week I'm going to pack my bag, just in case he decides it's too crammed inside of me and makes an early break.

The past few days he's decided to change back to the early days and be nice to me again. I had heart burn radiating out my ears every night, cuddling was all but impossible, finding a comfortable spot sitting, standing or laying down hardly existed, and I have just been all around uncomfortable for the last month, but not the past few days. The past few days, spooning has been comfortable for a few shows in a row, NO HEART BURN!! (knock on wood), and I probably just figured out that the secret to being more comfortable is not eating till I'm so full I might explode.

We are ready* for him to come. We want him to come. We are SO excited to come. Adam asks daily when he will come out and when will he be ready. soon. so soon.

*we are as ready (mentally) as we can be. we are NOT so ready stuff wise. i.e. clothes for him to wear, something for him to ride in the car in, diapers tiny enough for his tiny newborn bum. Other than that, we're as ready as we'll ever be.

I (we) can't wait to meet this tiny person, and kiss his tiny face and hold him and love on him. 35 weeks down. 35 days to go.

5 comments:

Jess said...

AahhhH! Look at your belly! I love your craptasic picture, haha You're little man looks like he is about ready to burst out of there :)

Lindsey said...

He has probably dropped some that is why you are more comfortable. I think I was the opposite of you. I was ready physically (as in having all the stuff), but menatally, I wasn't. I wasn't ready until she decided to be late and then I would do ANYTHING, and I mean anything to get her out of me (and believe me I tried EVERYTHING). After being so uncomfortable you don't care how much pain you are in from labor, you just want the baby out. HAHAHA.
Holding your baby for the first time is SO amazing! I am so excited for you! But don't count on the baby coming before the due date, you have I think it was a 50% chance that the baby will be late. I wish you luck!
Oh and any labor plans (natural delivery) you had beforehand tend to go out the window when you are actually in labor, so don't be disappointed.

Adam said...

I love you. Can't wait for Mr. Marge.

The Studes said...

Way to go you baby growing machine! I can't wait to see you!

Austin & Tori Parks said...

hope a baby shower gets you lots of good stuff for the little guy!!