Friday, September 9, 2011

Logan - almost 3 months

My baby is getting so big. He is almost 3 months now, and you guys don't even really know him. Poor Logan. Being a mom to 2 {fantastic} kids is hard, tiring and makes for a very busy life.

Logan is a little chunker. He has thighs you can't help but squeeze. He has an ever present second chin that just rests on his chest.

He has the cutest stick strait, fuzzy, stand up, blond hair. It's getting longer, but doesn't lay down on his head. ohmygoodness it's so cute!! (I hear it's just like his daddy's was)

Like his big brother, he almost never spits up, unless you don't burp him and then shake him up... but who wouldn't after that.

For the first 2 months he was a little fussy. He's getting much better, and we're all starting to understand each other a little better. Don't get me wrong, he's a great baby. Milo almost NEVER cried, so it just took some getting used to, having a baby that actually CRIED when he was hungry or needed a diaper changed, instead of whimper.

This kid loves his food. like his brother, he's a very fast eater, like 10 minutes tops. UNlike his brother, he needs to eat often. up until about a week or 2 ago, he needed to eat every HOUR. day AND night. I was a milk cow. I tried getting him to eat more, but it just wasn't happening. He's starting to be able to go 2 and sometimes 3 hours between feeding.

He's getting better at sleeping. Not as good as a lot of my friends babies, but REALLY good for him. Like I said, he was eating every hour day and night. Now, for the most part he'll sleep stretches that last anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. Every once in a while he'll sleep more, like the other night he slept a 5.5 hour stretch. It was pretty awesome.


He is such a happy little dude, with great big, open mouthed, full gummed, full face smiles.

He's a talker. He likes to talk to me during his meals through out the day. He'll stop eating and just look up and, I like to think, thanks me for the wonderful meal. He loves to talk to people though and completely lights up when you pay attention to him.

He giggles. It's such a sweet little giggle and I love it. He's been trying so hard for weeks to do it, and in the past couple days he has been able to get a few out. I recorded it yesterday. Oh my goodness. It's so cute.

He does NOT give warning when his mood changes. He will be talking, smiling and even giggling at you and BAM he's crying. he's suddenly starving and needs food NOW. or, he's now tired and wants to be put to sleep.

He's not a super cuddly baby (like milo IS). he likes to be in his swing or on his play mat, or pretty much anywhere, but on his own. He's starting to like to be held more often, and I love it. It does help me to be able to get more stuff done/take care of a 16 month old.

He loves to be outside and will instantly calm down once you take him out.

He LOVES his big brother. He will just sit and stare and smile at Milo while Milo plays. It's pretty sweet.

Milo looked (looks) so much like Adam. I didn't think a baby could look more like his dad. and then came Logan. He looks JUST LIKE Adam as a baby, and now!! I have a picture of Adam at 3 months with a great big smile that looks like it could be Logan. I'll work on getting it scanned and posted as proof. in case you don't believe me ;)

This little boy is such a perfect addition to our family. He is just so cute and squishy and kissable and sweet. mmm he is delicious. and I love him.

No comments: