Thursday, October 9, 2008

our perfect day

As you all know, Adam and I got married on September 12. it's been almost a whole month since the fabulous day! So I think it's about time we post some pictures. The whole day was so perfect. the sun was shining, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, it wasn't hot and there wasn't even a breeze. it was perfect. We had most of our family there. We missed my brother who is in Chile and his sister and her family who had a baby the following week. The food was good, the company was great. The day couldn't have gone better. We had a FABULOUS photographer (only one this time ;) ) She stayed with us all day. She was there when we came out of the temple, stayed for most of the luncheon and was at the reception before it started and stayed until after it ended. We are so grateful to have had her there. Thank you Amanda!!

We are also VERY thankful to everyone that helped with our day. there are WAY more people to thank than I can. A special thanks to my mom though. She put together the small details that made everything complete. She made the little kids dresses, she made all of the ties for the guys and the little boys, made the aprons including the pattern. She beaded my headband, one bead at a time (my sister was amazing and made all of my jewelry) She beaded every serving spoon, made sure there were filler daisies to fill in gaps, endless shopping to find the perfect sucker molds and the perfect ribbon etc. There were so many details that made our day even more special. Thank you mom.

And now for the pictures. We got almost 1100 just from that day. I will post A LOT of pictures, but not even close to all of them. I condensed a lot of them to take up less space, but I hope you enjoy them!


Buxton Family

Miner Family

Refreshments. So awesome. So what I wanted!
Also note that my mom and sister made the candy designs ONE AT A TIME!! amazing

In the "train station"
These 3 little girls were awesome. They made sure everything was clean and perfect.
my mom MADE their aprons, pattern and all.
Kristie and her very talented kids sang, played guitar and violin the whole time to set the mood. They were so awesome.
Buxton Family outside the temple (minus Scott :( )

Us and the children.
thanks to my mom for making their dresses and ties.

Miner Family at Wadley Farms
(minus Becca, Jeb, Landen, Blake, Savannah and unborn Crew)

I hope you enjoyed them, I had a really hard time picking out only a few, they were all so good!! Honeymoon pictures coming soon...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
WOW! I love the pictures!
When do I get to see the rest?
I hope soon. Everything was just magical that day, you and your mom (etc) did such a fabulous job with everything. It could be in a bride's magazine! And on top of all the magic you two are one great couple, I couldn't be happier for you and for me to have such a great daughter in law and such a super son. My cup runneth over! I just wish Scott, Becca, Jeb and family could have been there too to share in our joy.
Love ya,
Mom - Jen

Laura said...

Beautiful pictures, You guys look so happy! The colors were fabulous, and look great in your apartment now (the leftover candy!

Jeb and Becca said...

Thank you, thank you for posting these pictures! It makes me feel a little more sad that I couldn't be there, but really helps me to picture such a wonderful day for you and Adam (isn't my brother so handsome?!).
Wow, your family is so creative. I can't believe your Mom and sister put all of those candy creations together! What great talent. Love you guys! We will see you soon hopefully, Becca

The Russell's said...

yay.. everything turned out perfect!! i love all the pics

Abbigail said...

Lovely! So sad I missed it. I had seen some photos of your reception from Jen and I thought it was so adorable and creative. Way to go. Welcome to the family.
You guys both looked amazing!!!! Love Abbi

Ashlee said...

I LOVED how beautiful you two were and absolutely amazed at the candy designs! Your mom did a great job with them! Congrats again!

Lynds and Mike said...

Erin you looked so so beautiful! Im so so glad your day was perfect :) We do need to get together, do you still have my phone number? I think I still have the right one for you, text or call me or vise versa and we can plan a time to get together!!

Lynds

The Reynolds said...

yay you! Thank you for giving me something to read. And I must say, I was never a fan of the hunting, but I married into it...I had no choice but to tolerate it.

Diana and Fam said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I am so sad that I wasn't able to come to it. :( Good luck deciding which ones to get printed! hehe

CAS said...

congrats on the wedding.
you looked absolutley beautiful.
having a new hubby and starting your family is the BEST thing you'll ever do.