Thursday, October 30, 2008

Presidential Election 2008

I, unlike my husband, am not interested in politics. I do not feel a direct, personal impact in my life because the economy is crashing. Actually, since the economy started to decline, gas has gone down, a lot. I think I saw gas for $2.69 this morning. That's not bad. I still have my job. Adam still has his job. We're still able to pay our bills. My life has not changed with the economy. I enjoy watching The Colbert Report and the Daily Show with Adam. Not really something I would watch on my own, but when it's on, I enjoy it. I don't understand politics, but, I don't really care to know more. Not because I am ignorant or don't care about my country. More because, it just doesn't interest me.

These are some reasons why I should never be and will never be president.

1. I don't like it when people are mad at me or don't like me. No matter who is president, lots of people will like them. But, a lot of people will hate them as well. That would just depress me a bit. Especially if they didn't know me. How can you confidently run a country when almost half of the people think you are just going to mess it up? AND don't like you...

2. When you do good things and run things the way they should be, no one says anything. No "great job! I'm so glad you are president" because, as human beings, we make mistakes. When the president makes a mistake, he is called down for it. They notice the bad more often than the good. It wouldn't be like makeing a mistake at home, in your own little world. You make a mistake and everyone knows and calls you out for it. No thanks, I think i'll pass on that one.

3. You want to go on vacation alone with your family, but that doesn't/can't happen. You have to take your gaurds with you and it's a big ordeal anytime you are out. Everyone knows your face and wants your autograph. That'd be cool for a minute, but then it'd get old.

4. You have to be decisive. I am not a decisive person. I like to get lots of opinions and weigh the consequences. If at all possible, I would much rather let someone else decide for me. Well, let them decide a bit and I'll choose the rest. {you choose the restaurant, i'll choose my own food. get it?}

5. Public speaking. PASS! I hate speaking in public. I'm better than I used to be, but I still hate it. As president, you have to speak to the whole country. That's a lot of people.

6. You get critiqued on TV by everyone. You're not even there to explain yourself while people make fun of the sweater you wore during your speech to the nation. I remember one time George W. wore this ridiculous yellow sweater. It made him look like a golfer... or like his grandma dressed him. Later on the news they made fun of him. I couldn't help but wonder if maybe his grandma did dress him. Or maybe his grandma gave it to him, well, before she died. maybe some sweet old lady that loved him as a president gave it to him and to show his appreciation for it, he wore it on TV. what do the news people know? nothing. they are just mean
**side note to this. even though i think they are mean on tv, i still laugh. i'm only human**

7. shows like saturday night live. They get someone to dress up like you so they can act you out. while it is hilarious, I always wonder if the real celebrety, in this case the president, thinks it's funny or if it is just one more piece of crap flung at the fan at the end of an already crappy day. funny stuff, but not something i would like to happen to me.


Ok, now that I have read this over, I kind of feel like I'm back in sixth grade and my teacher has asked me to write about why I would or would not like to be the president. ha ha!

1 comment:

The Russell's said...

I agree, i know nothing about politics and frankly.. i could care less.. I do think to myself that nothings affected me in this "recession" so whatever i dont care who's president to be honest.