Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the Nursery!

The nursery is almost done! There are just a few minor decoration details that need to be added, but it's close enough that baby could live in it and be happy :)

Before

Painted, no decorations

the (close to) final product! a HUGE thanks to my VERY talented mom who spent 3 solid days helping me sew everything. yes, everything in his room was hand made by my mom and I :)

The crib with the quilt, bumper pads and dust ruffle

(slightly cut off) pic of the curtain

VERY excited to use this ultra comfy chair during midnight feedings and long sleepless nights

up close of the animals on the wall. we used the same fabric for everything, so these match PERFECTLY with the quilt

close up of the quilt. You can't see the fine details in this. each piece was appliqued. it took hours. totally worth it :)


These little birds are all over the room. These 2 are on the back of the crib

The bumper pad

The valance with little birdies on top

My MIL gave us a mirror just after we got married. It fell off the wall and chipped a little. we were able to cover it with fabric and use it in baby's room. LOVE it

Proof that I actually helped

Minne loved to play with the birds. She was a true huntress

9 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

that's a great nursery! now it's just the waiting game :)

Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

Looks pretty awesome!
Kevin

Teresa Stubbs said...

Holy cow it looks amazing! Good job!

Heather said...

wow! that looks great! I can't wait to come down and see you guys again. I miss being able to come over when ever.
I've always wanted to go all out like that with Keely and Carter. but I just don't have the time now that they are both already here!

miss you guys!

Laura said...

WOW! You are amazing! I can't believe all of that. WAnt to come here and do my house?

Lindsey said...

SOOO CUTE! Emmaleah's room just barely got decorated and it is nothing like your baby's room. She just has pink curtains and pink and green wall stickers, that are actually coming off even though no one even touches them....I guess that is what I get for getting them at the dollar store hahahaha

Leslie said...

Your mom is seriously talented. And awesome. I love the color choice. Go bold, I say!

Nick and Emily said...

WOW! i love the baby room. It is so cute! great job. I love the quilt. you are quite talented. and thanks for the compliment on the photo's.

*Alexa Taylor-Jay** said...

oh my gosh girl!! i love!! this!! it's sooooo cute and i love the neon green!! that's like my dream baby room to haha!! well done babe. and congrats a million!! can't wait to see pictures and hear all about the little guy :)