Sunday, August 22, 2010

Minnie



This is Minnie. She was diagnosed with diabetes about 5 months ago. We got her on insulin and she seemed to be doing better. Then she started getting urinary infections. We put her on antibiotics and thought she was better, until they came back. She started getting skinny again, she continued to need water all the time and was always hungry. She went to the litter box many times a day, sometimes she couldn't go because it was so painful. So we took her in for a second opinion. She had an infection in her bladder (one of the worst the doc had ever seen) and it had spread to her kidneys. The infection made it so the insulin wasn't working. She also physically could not drink enough water. She would need lots more tests and surgery and it would probably still come back. She couldn't take the stress of more tests and surgery. The drive alone stressed her out. 

On Thursday, August 19, 2010, Our Minnie kitty went to kitty heaven. We miss her so much, but know that she is feeling better. She doesn't hurt any more. She's not hungry or thirsty. She's just happy. 
These are the only pictures I could find of her, I think the rest are on a different hard drive that I need to find. But you can see pics of her herehereherehere, avideo here and here
She always helped us finish our food. licked our plates clean, managed to get the last of the chocolate milk out of the bottom of the glass, cleaned out the pudding snack pack and yogurt containers, etc...
She loved q-tips, milk caps, the things that hold on the milk caps
she always sat on the counter and did the dishes with me/helped me clean the kitchen
She liked slept on my chest and tried to lick my ears
She liked to be where we were and would follow us around the house
She "helped" me with the laundry and would chase down and sock that i would pick up
she loved to go outside and eat the grass, but was always cautious as she left
over all, she was a really great cat, full of spunk and great personality. We really love her and miss her. Goodbye Minnie, till we meet again...

5 comments:

Laura said...

Sad! I am so sorry to hear about this Erin. It is horrible to lose a pet, especially one so close. She really was a funny kitty and a lot of fun! I will miss seeing her at your house.

Kelly and Heather said...

Okay, I just about cried reading this. I hope you guys are doing okay without her! Losing a pet it so so hard and so sad...especially because they become another member of your family when you have one. Minnie is definitely in a better place and isn't sick anymore! You will see her again oneday. :)

Ashlie said...

So sorry for your loss, Erin and Adam :( Losing a pet is always really hard. I'm so glad Minnie is feeling better now, and I know you'll see her again.

Anonymous said...

I will miss my little neighbor kitty. She sure was a sweetheart and loved by us all.

The Studes said...

i'm so sorry minnie is gone...