Saturday, January 17, 2009

Welcome to the Family

As part of our sweet deal on our new home, we got 2 cats. I've never had a problem with cats. I have ALWAYS had at least one. Actually, I think I've always had 2. So I was excited to get them. Adam on the other hand, was a little more hesitant. He's never been much of a cat person, but said ok to the cats because 1. he loves me and I wanted them and 2. He was able to help out a friend by taking them. Adam and I quickly took to both cats, Camper and Minnie. Neither cat is shy, but Camper settled in to her new surroundings (same house, new people and stuff) quickly. She loves when we pet her and hold her. Minnie on the other hand, was a little "stuck up" and cautious. She'd only let us pet her when she wanted, and only for a few seconds, then she'd walk away.

Camper
Camper LOVES to have her belly rubbed. When she wants attention, she will run in front of us and then quickly lay down and roll on her back, so we will pet her belly. When you go up to her to pet her, she ALWAYS rolls onto her back for a good belly rub. It makes her long and skinny. Very cute. She has a kind of whispery almost nasely purr, when she does purr. She is the bigger of the two cats, both are pretty big. not fat, just big.

Minnie
Until recently, Minnie has kind of kept to herself. Only letting us pat her for a few seconds, then it's like she realized she let her guard down and quickly leaves. She is very silly when she thinks no one is looking. I saw her once playing with the milk cap like it was a mouse. As of last night, she feels comfortable with us. she slept in our bed most of the night and part of that time she was laying on us. This morning she sat on my lap while I did my make up. She follows us around the house, usually (as of today) in front of us so that we will pet her. She won't let any one but Adam rub her belly and I think her new favorite thing, is to lay on Adam, where ever he is. It's pretty cute :)

The cats love each other. They like to hide behind corners when they know the other is coming, then jump out and scare the other. They sleep together, eat together and play together. When I am cooking or cleaning in the kitchen, they are both at my feet, either wanting attention, or just wanting to be there. Minnie will head but my legs when she is ready for attention. Camper will put both paws on my leg and start pawing and "clawing" (both cats are declawd, so there is no hurting when they claw), then when I look at her, she's down on her back, waiting for a rub. We love our kitties so much already, and we've only had them a week :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Minnie looks like my cat Meemer, a siamese persian mix. I love cats and can't wait to meet yours:) Ben and I hope to come soon, if you'll let us!