Friday, January 2, 2009

Filling my cup

The week of Christmas, my spiritual cup was filled fast. It started Tuesday when Adam and I had the opportunity to go through the temple with one of my closest friends and her husband. It was their first time through and our first time back since we got married. It was so peaceful. I forgot all of my Christmas stresses, I felt closer to our Heavenly Father and my husband. I am so grateful I was able to be there for my friend on her special day.

The next day was Christmas Eve. Adams dad gathered all of the grandchildren on his lap and asked them about the true meaning of Christmas. It's amazing how smart they are and how much they know about our savior and how he came to us.

Then Christmas Day. We got to be with both of our families and feel close to everyone. We got to talk to my brother who is in Chile. It was so good to talk to him and hear his voice. He comes home this year. We are all so excited to have him back. With all of us there talking to him, our family felt complete for a minute.

Saturday after Christmas, Adam got to baptize our nephew Landen. It was so neat to see my husband performing the ordinance. Both Landen and Adam had a glow afterwards. I couldn't help but smile and feel so proud.

That night we went to Temple Square with my family to see the lights and watch the movies they have up there, as is the tradition in my family. I love that temple. We hadn't been back to that temple since we got married. I couldn't help but fall further in love with my man. While there, we watched the Joseph Smith Movie. What a wonderful man and movie. Then we watched the Testements. Both such fabulous movies. I'm glad I got to see and feel it all with the ones I love.

I love the Christmas season and am so grateful to have so many wonderful people to share the season with.

1 comment:

Nick and Emily said...

i'm glad you found me too. i told everyone on myspace to come check it out and for the life of me i couldn't remember your new last name so i'm glad you found me. yeah! i'll keep checkin on your blog.