Sunday, February 27, 2011

Vegas

We decided a couple weeks ago that we needed a break. We needed to get away from the cold, and Adam really needed a break from work. I got online and found a hotel in Vegas for $100 for 3 nights the following weekend. I booked it and we couldn't wait to get there.

Milo was so good in the car. We stopped a couple times for wiggle breaks, but still made it there in under 6 hours.

The weather was beyond perfect. I was bummed I didn't take flip flops, shorts and capris for any of us. I figured it would be warmer than home, but I didn't expect shorts weather.

This was probably the most productive vacation Adam and I have ever taken. We are completely content to just sit around the hotel the hotel, watch tv, sleep lots and go out for food and little else. Well, bring a 9 month old into the picture and that no longer happens. We left just about any chance we could, while still making sure we were back in time for his/our naps.

In the past, any time Milo sleeps in the same room as me, I get next to no sleep. He has always been so wiggly and grunts and groans all night, that I end up just waiting for him to wake up. He was an angel. I borrowed a pack and play from a neighbor and we put him in the bathroom area (like, 5 feet away from us). I hardly made a peep. He slept the whole night, he woke up early, but at least we made it through the night.

The time that was spent in our room, we had to get creative. Milo discovered the phone book and how easy the pages ripped out, and how easily he could rip them to shreds. I decided that the hotel wouldn't notice, considering it was stuck to the bottom of the night stand from not being moved in so long. He had a blast with it and it kept him entertained for 15 minutes at a time.


The first full day we were there, daddy found us a park to play at. It was FANTASTIC. It had a huge duck pond with hundreds of ducks, and geese and swans. We didn't have any bread to feed them, so they got to eat Milo's gerber apple puffs. They didn't seem to mind and Milo LOVED it. We even got him to say "duck". He loved just watching them, and even tried to reach for them. We loved it so much, we went back the next day. We again didn't bring any bread, but a nice man gave us half a loaf, that Milo tried to eat.















There was also a really cool park. Milo is still too young to enjoy it, but give him a couple years and I don't think we would have ever left it. He loved to swing on my lap and kick daddy. He wasn't too sure about the slides, but loved to watch all the other kids play.






We also walked a little bit on the strip to get lunch one day. Milo seemed to like it, and fell dead asleep on the walk back. We were pretty surprised to see that there wasn't so much almost nudity every where. Every other trip I've ever taken to vegas, there isn't any where to look because of the almost naked women, and even men. This time I saw a lot more Blue Man Group, David Copperfield, Reba and stuff like that.




Our trip was so much fun with just our little family. Who knew this tiny person would change our vacations for the better  in so many ways.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I wish it was me! I'm sick of the winter, but MacKay is in the busy season, so we can't really go anywhere. I'm going to Boise this week, but that isn't exactly warm weather.

Jesse & Mackenzie said...

jealous.

Laura said...

You party animal:) I hope you soaked up some sun for me!

Kim said...

I love the part when Milo is beckoning the little duckies! So cute and what a smart little boy! He's already saying "duck"!