Monday, January 16, 2012

Brothers

 I started this post back in the beginning of September. Logan was 3 months, Milo was 16 months.
Milo loves his baby brother. Logan loves his big brother. Logan will just sit and stare and smile while he watches Milo play. I can tell he wants to play with him. Milo has always loved his brother.

He likes to hold him for a few seconds at a time, then pushes him away when he's done. Lately he's been asking (pwees? with arms out) to hold him more often.

He's starting to notice that he can make logan smile, and i'll catch him in Logan's face "hhiiiiieeee!" He also tries to be where ever Logan is. He'll climb in the swing, bouncer or play mat and get right up next to him. Since he's only 16 months, he doesn't really understand how to be soft, so I really have to watch him and keep Logan above his reach.

The other day Milo went in the mud room, grabbed the car seat, dragged it into the living room in front of the swing, then tried to pull Logan out.

If Milo has food, he'll try to share with Logan. The other day I caught him trying to feed him chips.


In the car, I have their car seats right next to each other. When Logan starts crying, Milo will reach over and hold his hand. He is so gentle and it usually calms Logan down. Melts my heart!


Logan and Milo are only about 7 pounds apart, and are really just about the same size, so it's really funny to watch him try to pick up Logan

Since then, a lot has changed and stayed the same. They love each other and want to play with each other. Milo will just lay next to him and watch his shows while holding logans hand.

He is always aware of what Logan is doing and makes sure he gets some of whatever he has, food, toys, drinks.

Milo hears Logan wake up way before I do. Like just now he started talking about Logan, I told him he was asleep and then I heard Logan cry.

They are still close in size. Logan is around 18 pounds, Milo is around 22/23. Logan is bigger around than Milo.

Now that Logan is bigger, Milo can play more with Logan. I still have to watch, but Milo likes to sit on logan and play with his arms. Logan loves it.

We all like to play patt a cake, sing itsy bitsy spider and do piggies with our toes. Milo loves it all, but isn't satisfied until Logan does it all too.

3 comments:

Kelly and Heather said...

I just LOVE these 2 boys! They are SO SO SO cute and I just love how much they love each other! They are going to be the be best buds!

Laura said...

They are so dang cute! I love that they're such buddies.

Jen M said...

Brothers forever!! What blessings they are to all of us. It makes me happy to see their darling faces and happy spirits. You are such a good mother Erin! Thanks for all you do! love you! xox