Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Logster

Logan is 7 months old. He is my buddy. We do everything together. He loves me best. Ok, he loves his daddy and brother too :). He is a happy, social little guy. He doesn't like to be left out of anything. If possible he needs to be in on everything.
He gives some pretty great kisses. They are very aggressive. He grabs me with both hands as tight as he can and goes in for the big, open mouthed, slobbery kiss. If he's especially happy his head shakes back and forth while slimming up my face and neck. Oh how I love it

He is still my little chunky monkey. Chunky compared to Milo. Milo never had chunky squishy thighs, cheeks, an extra chin or even a slightly squishy belly. Logan is in the 50%tile range for most of his stats. He's an average baby, but compared to the first, he's chunky and squishy.
 He loves to talk and is getting more sounds in. He growls at things that he wants and are out of his reach. and people. They usually growl back which makes his day

He is excellent at going to sleep. when he's tired, I just wrap him up tight, kiss his squishy cheeks, pop the plug in and lay him in his crib. that's it. No training, he's just done that since birth. It's amazing. Staying asleep... is a different story. he is usually up every 2-5 hours. when his teeth are making their way up it's more like every 45 to 90 minutes. I'm pretty exhausted a lot of the time. He takes three 1 - 1.5 hour naps. I get him and Milo to nap at the same time so if I need I can nap too, or just have some time to myself.

He is pro at rolling. He doesn't roll to get around, I think it's more out of boredom or to reach a toy. so far no rolling across the room. Milo never did. He is pretty close to scooting though. He can spin round and round in circles. Tank really likes him and will plop down practically on him to get close. When I'm not looking, Logan will roll (just one roll) to get closer to tank and will either suck on his ears or grab at his face (lips, tongue, eyes) and tank just takes it.

He still isn't great at sitting up yet. He can, but he would rather be standing. Or, he'll get really excited and throw himself back.

He still loves to eat. He loves anything with fruit. He HATED carrots. wouldn't even bring his tongue in his mouth. sweet potatoes were ok. For the most part I give him the veggies mixed with fruit so he will actually eat them.

He LOVES his big brother. he watches him play all day and loves it when Milo comes to play with him. He wants so badly to follow him around and do what he does. I love it when they play and laugh together. it's seriously the best thing ever.

He likes to be held. He's not much of a cuddler, but he is happiest sitting on your lap.

Still no teeth. every few weeks he will have all the signs of teething, except for the bumps and swelling on his gums. it's so sad. You can tell he's so miserable and wants so bad to be happy, but he just can't hold back the tears sometimes.

It took him a little bit, but he loves doing tricks with his daddy. He loves to show off and he has the biggest, gummy open mouth smile while performing.
not sure what's going on with this picture. weird angle? weird timing? whatever it is it's hilarious

Oh how I love his great big smile. He smiles with his whole face and body. His hair is getting longer but it still sticks up and out. Adam says we need to cut it, but I love it and don't want to.

He is such a great little boy and the perfect addition to our family. I can't believe he is already 7 months old!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Erin he is so stinking cute! I can't believe how big he's gotten! He is such a little sweetheart!