Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mr. Smarty Pants

**disclaimer, this is a (long) list of how awesome my kid is. If you're sick of lists of awesomeness, tough, it's more for me than you anyway ;) If you want to know how awesome my kid is, read on and feel free to tell me how great he is :)

Milo is probably, hands down, the smartest kid ever. He seriously amazes me the things he says and does and remembers.

His recent favorite book is But No Elephants. He will request it when I ask if he wants to read a book. Yesterday he picked it up and started reading it to himself. It went something like this "awint, no! no no awint! no! no no no!"

Lately he asks himself and other the questions we ask him all the time. Like this morning while watching the intro to Mickey "ah dat? es dao! ah dat? es dessy!" (who's that? it's donald! who's that? it's daisy!) and so on with all the characters.

He does the same with colors, but it's less understandable to just about anyone. He points at stuff and says something like "eh couwa? es lello!" He knows most of his colors without any help. He is better at picking out the color I ask, but a lot of the time he can also correctly tell you what color something is. Most things start out as yellow. I think it's his favorite word to say.

He has started counting things, sort of... he'll point to things "doo, dwee, fis, nine" (2,3,5,9). I think Mickey is to blame for getting us started on colors and numbers. When Mickey and gang are doing colors, so is he, when they do numbers, he counts too.

He puts together little sentences. "I gotchoo!" "mom! look! a ball!" "mamma, i sawy" "i got it!" "there it is"

when he gets hurt he says sorry. it's so cute and sweet and you can't help but hug and kiss him. with a sad face, holding his head "mamma, i sawy. head bump"

He talks like crazy. "mom" and "watch" are said close to 300 million times a day. usually together.

I think I'm going to start potty training him in the next few weeks. He can tell me when he needs to go (usually has gone) number one and number two. He has made it a several times over the past few months.

He is the best big brother. He is so protective and helpful with him. he can always find me a passi, a blanket, his socks, shoes or a toy. when we're with other kids and someone takes a toy that is logans, not even always away from logan, milo will take it away from the kid and give it back to logan. If kids get to close to his brother, he makes sure to get them to back off. We're working on sharing, but for being only 20 months, I think he does a pretty good job. If I reason with him he'll give a toy back that he took, or will play with the kid with his toy. usually...

He bosses his dog around more than ever. They are best friends. They play all day every day. They love each other. Tank is still a puppy so I get pretty frustrated with him, especially since he won't listen to me unless I yell at him. When I'm telling tank to go potty, if I have to tell him multiple times, Milo will come to me with a look of "I guess I'll get him to do it since you can't", stick his head out the door and yell "pawEe! tank! pawEe! PAWEEEEE!" or when I tell tank to lay down it's almost always followed with "lay lom!" from my little helper. He's bossy to tank, but he is also very sweet and playful with him.

He legitimately helps me unload the dishwasher now. It takes a lot longer than if I did it myself, but he does help. He hands me all the silverware, one piece at a time. he can put away his plates, bowls and cups. He hands me all the dishes from the dishwasher and if I skip a time saying thank you, he'll say it for me.

He is so polite. Half the time I don't even have to tell him to say thank you (dee doop). The other day someone opened the door for us and he thanked them before even I could. He is (usually) quick to say sorry, especially when he is the one hurt. Today he started saying you're welcome. After he asked nicely (pwees) to watch mickey, he said "ececome" (you're welcome).

he has some Melissa & Doug puzzles that he loves to do. At first he would put the pieces on the right spot, but it was usually upside down or crooked. Yesterday he started twisting the pieces until they fit in the space.

He knows all of his animal sounds, and a lot by sight.

He knows all his body parts. hair, eyes, ears, mouth, teeth, tongue, belly, fingers, hands, bum, legs, feet, toes

he has started to be a good little eater. His favorite foods are definitely hot dogs (dotdog) waffles (aha) and milk (moak), but he'll eat just about anything. He is kind of particular though. If he doesn't feel like eating it, he won't, so I usually go through his options and let him pick.

He is in nursery now. We're still warming up to it. He is a big mamma's boy, so Adam drops him off, but he almost always starts crying and clinging to him before they are even through the door. Sometimes Adam stays with him and practices going and coming back, to show him that we will, in fact, come back for him. In the end, it usually takes a few minutes of crying before he forgets and wants to play with the toys and kids. His little girlfriend Rylee is in there, so it makes things a tiny bit easier for him. He walks around the whole time saying her name "lylee". When i go pick him up he is always happy and playing and having fun.

The past month he has been sleeping through the night. hallelujah! It was pretty tough on me there for a bit. When Logan was first born, Milo would get up 1-3 times a night and Logan was up every hour. Even if Adam went in with Milo, it still woke me up, and half the time I had to wake up adam. Logan started getting better at sleeping, but it was still hard. when Milo was 6 months we let him cry it out and he slept through the night off and on till he was about a year, then it stopped and it was hit and miss until about thanksgiving. Now I am happy to say he sleeps in his own bed all night until 8 or 9. praise the heavens above.

He is such a smart, sweet, cuddly, caring, fun, obedient little boy. I seriously don't know how we lucked out with him. love that kid past mud mars

No comments: