Thursday, March 8, 2012

Potty Training: Bloopers

While potty training, there will inevitably be some (lots) of frustrating moments, but eventually they are pretty funny. Here are some of Milo's.

The first few days we stayed in the living room with lots of blankets to catch the accidents. One time Milo was standing on the edge of the blanket, nothin but his underwear. I ask (for the 1 millionth time in an hour) "do you need to go potty?" "nope" then he took one step back, off the blanket, and peed on the carpet.

At the start of day 3 of potty training, I was making breakfast. I let Milo come in the kitchen with me because it was considered a "safe" zone. He was entertaining Logan as I made eggs. I didn't realize, but he had climbed in the cupboard. "uh oh mommy...." He peed in the cupboard.

Milo's favorite place to hang out is under the table, so I put a blanket under there as well. On the third day of potty training he took my empty laundry basket under the table to play with. Then I hear "uh oh mommy, ah wet!" He was sitting in my laundry basket, in a puddle of pee. Awesome.

Milo woke up in the middle of the night, I made him sit on the potty (I have since learned not to force him on the potty, less accidents the less I force/more I trust him). He was crying and screaming sitting on his seat. I was sitting on the floor in front of him, trying to help him calm down, the whole time him telling me "ah wannoo!" (I don't want to!). Then he puts his feet on the toilet ring, grabs the handles on his seat and tries to stand up. mid pee. right in my face... HE PEED IN MY MOUTH!!!!

A couple weeks ago we were at a restaurant and he needed to go potty. We have a little travel seat that folds up. It's a ring, but it has the split in the front (know what I'm talking about?) and the toilet seat there was the same. Now, while this travel seat is awesome, it's much more awesome for little girls, who pee down... with Milo I have to hold his little weeny down to make sure it doesn't come out the crack and all over his pants. He usually won't let me hold it down though. This time I took his pants and underwear off, to avoid wet clothes. I tried to look through the big crack to see if he was peeing or not. Apparently he was because it hit the rim and sprayed me in the face. At least this time it wasn't in my mouth.

Again, we are eating out and he needs to go potty. I didn't have the travel seat yet. I take him back to go and he will NOT sit on it. "es big". It intimidates him too much. So I ask him if he wants to pee like daddy. He gets excited about this. Since he is much too short to stand on his own and make it, let alone aim correctly, I hold him over the toilet. Goodness I didn't realize how much practice you need to aim correctly PLUS he pees about a million mils a second, with no arch... Milo decided to practice his stop and go skills. First stream goes way past, on the floor behind the toilet. giggle giggle. I reposition, second stream ends up on the back of the toilet. giggle giggle. half of the third stream makes it in the toilet. Long story short, more pee ended up outside the toilet than in, and he thought it was hilarious.

Then just now. I sat him on his seat and for some reason, I forgot to push his little bits down... all of a sudden "uh oh mom!!" and I turn around to see fountain of pee shooting strait up and on the bathroom counter.

Having Milo potty trained is super awesome, and comes with awesome experiences and stories ;)

3 comments:

Laura said...

First thing I saw when I opened this was "HE PEED IN MY MOUTH" haha oh Erin, how I miss you.

Kim said...

Love this post! Hilarious! Oh the joys I get to look forward too with our boy! lol! And PS you tell awesome stories!

Shannon said...

Oh, what I have to look forward to!