Sunday, August 19, 2012

Logan is ONE!

On June 11, Logan turned ONE! I no longer have a baby in my house. How sad is that?! I am feeling a bit guilty that I didn't post dedicated to him sooner, but, having 2 toddlers is a bit time consuming, ya know?!
Check out my beautiful baby boy. These pictures were taken the week before he turned one, so he wasn't quite walking. Within a week after his birthday, he decided that it was time. At 10 months he took his first steps, but would never take more than a few, and actually gave up almost completely for a few weeks.
My big boy is now just over 14 months old. So much changes so fast. He now is a full time walker, all over the place, into everything, climbs on everything. He is also a shorty, which makes his climbing soooo much cuter with his stubby, chubby wiggling little legs.

He is so smart, and obedient. and funny. He gets me things when I ask, lays down for diaper changes, snuggles in when I ask for a hug. He loves to talk on the phone, and I swear sometimes someone really is talking to him by the look on his face.
He will randomly stop, see if I'm watching, then smile huge and start shaking his head. When the Hot Dog song comes on he stops everything to dance in circles and yell "dot dot! dot dot!". We very rarely watch Little Einsteins, but EVERY SINGLE TIME it, or a commercial comes on, he starts patting his legs and belly singing "pat pat pat pat pat" and walks around doing it and showing everyone, and isn't satisfied until you do it too.

Milo has always been really good about getting his poop where it goes. (almost) never pooped outside of his diaper or the toilet, never pooped in the tub. He was potty trained before he ever figured out how fun it could be to take off his diaper. Logan, is a different kid. last night while the boys were in the tub, Milo yells "eeeew mom! was dat?! es yucky mom! yucky!" I look in the tub and there are turds a plenty floating around. Then this morning I put Logan down for his nap in just a diaper, like I have several times. When I went in to get him he pointed to the corner of his crib saying "dat, dat, dat, dat" then I smelled it, and then I saw his naked bum, and a diaper in one corner, and poop in the other. super awesome.
He is getting very independent. The only way food goes in his mouth is if he feeds himself. Sometimes with the messier food I have to get it on the fork then hand it over, otherwise he hits it and gets everything messy. He eats everything better if he has a utensil. grapes included.
He has gotten sooooooo much more snuggly lately. most of his life he wouldn't cuddle, not in the middle of the night, not when he was sad, only when he was sick. Now, he hugs me all the time, all the way to and from bed and nap time, and in the middle of the night he hugs me tight and snuggles his face in my neck. Adam too. It is the sweetest thing.
He LOVES when daddy comes home. begs for him, runs to him. Today he got a death grip on Adams finger and dragged him to the fish tank, then wouldn't let him leave.

This little boy is so stinking cute and sweet and funny and seriously the best kid you could ask for. We love him so much, and oh my goodness his cheeks, I love to kiss his cheeks.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Darling boy and great descriptions of life with a little guy. Being the mom of a little boy is one of the greatest things in life and, Erin, you're doing a super job of it!

Laura said...

You're such a great Mom Erin:) He's a pretty cute little dude too.