Saturday, August 18, 2012

Milo's 2nd Birthday

I am finally getting around to editing and posting the things we have done and the pictures I have taken. Posts will be out of order, done in the order that I feel like posting them. Tonight, I feel like posting about Milo's birthday.

For Milo's birthday, we headed to the zoo. He loved it. Not quite as much as I had hoped, but he still loved to see the animals, and push the stroller. Both boys loved the monkeys, and Milo thought it was pretty cool to see the Rhino up close.












That night we had our families over for his favorite, pizza. lots and lots of pizza. I also made Milo a panda cake, using the same mold my mom used on my second birthday :)










The next day we met all of our friends at the local splash pad for some fun in the sun. We were so happy so many friends came, both near and some friends from Grantsville even made the long trip.



 Logan and his buddy Easton, the bigger they get the more fun they have together




Happily enjoying Milo's birthday present


When it was all over, Milo was spoiled rotten and received way more presents than he knew what to do with. I constantly reminded myself that I had to go with the flow of the day to make the day the best I could for him, and not try to force my vision of the day, because that would only create a bad memory. Thank goodness I did. When it came time to open presents, he lost interest quickly and just wanted to play with his new toys. I allowed it. Let him play. Let him take his new bubble lawn mower outside, open a few more, eat some cake, a few more presents (he seriously got a lot of presents). It was such a good day and I can't believe my big boy is 2. I have a 2 year old. Oh my gosh I can't believe how much I love that little man of mine.

1 comment:

Laura said...

2? Seriously? How is that possible?