Tuesday, September 9, 2008

oh to be a child again


Yesterday I was moving more of my stuff out of my room to take to the apartment. My little brother Sam, 13, was helping me. He jumped on my bed and said that when I move out he gets my bed because mine is more comfortable. We then had the following conversation.

me: *sarcastically* well, if mom would just let me move in with Adam already then you could have the bed now
sam: what?! she won't let you move in with him?! why?!
me: cuz we're not married yet
sam: *with a look of "that's so dumb"* it's only 3 days
me: i know! what's the big deal right?!
sam: well really, why can't you?
me: cuz i can't live with him until we're married. that's the rules
sam: it's only 3 days... what's the big deal
me: well, we want to get married in the temple, and we cant if we're living together
sam: you guys could just sleep on different couches. or he could sleep in his room and you could sleep on the couch... or you could sleep in the bedroom and he could sleep on the couch...
me: ya, i don't think that would work so good
sam: *pause* you've slept with him haven't you!
me: *pause and look at him, not quite sure what he means*
sam: you take sunday naps with him huh
me: yes, that is true
sam: so what's the big deal?!

he is just too cute and innocent.

3 comments:

The Russell's said...

Thats cute haha.. so anywho my stupid msn messenger wont let me log in! im pissed.. it keeps saying there is an error.. now i cant talk to you for the rest of like 2 weeks cuz you'll be gone.. sniff sniff

Laura said...

TWO MORE DAYS! Woohoo! Ben and I are so excited that you two are getting married. When you're back from the honeymoon we'll have to get together!

Ashlie said...

Hi Erin. My name is Ashlie (Glorfield) Reuscher. I went to high school with Adam. I'm so happy for the two of you! 'Bout time Adam found someone who would put up with him ;) Just kidding. Adam has actually always been a really great guy.

About one more day left! I was freaking out at this point before my wedding. I hope you're doing all right, and that you'll post lots of pictures for those of us who are stuck in Colorado and can't make it to your reception!