Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Lists

Some days just don't go the way I would like them. We all have those days. I go over in my head all the things that have sucked so far. I email a friend regularly and tell her my list of things that suck. A different friend has made a conscious effort to list the good things in life. The things that make life fun and worth while. So I decided to try it too. I don't get rid of the bad stuff, I still vent it, but I counter the "things that suck" list with a longer list of things that make life great :)

Things that suck

1. When I can't get blogger to do what I want
2. Knowing I'm going to get yelled at
3. Snapping at my husband when all he wanted was a hug and a kiss as I walked by
4. Being so hungry so often
5. A messy house
6. Snow-on the car, on the road, on the ground where I step...
7. Over-due Library books
8. Bills/rent
9. Going to the dentist
10. Getting my teeth cleaned
11. Christmas Songs before Christmas

Things that I love
1. Hitting snooze just one more time to cuddle a little longer
2. I have a good job
3. Husband still loves me even though I'm not much of a morning person
4. Food :)
5. Time spent not cleaning is spent being with the man I love
6. Snow in the mountains
7. Fabulous husband (he counts lots of times :) )
8. Cooking
9. Stocking the cupboards with food
10. Good Family(s)
11. Good friends
12. Good customers
13. Freedom to vote (even if it doesn't matter)
14. Living so close to family
15. It's the beginning of my favorite Holidays
16. Dates with Adam
17. Knowing I get to keep Adam forever and ever
18. Having clean teeth

6 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

hahaha i personally LOVE getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist-i'd get them cleaned every day if I could. Maybe that's why I work for one, I honestly don't know! And, I also love Christmas music. :) I'm dying to put up my Christmas tree and all my decorations right now and am trying so hard to not do that. Probably helps that I definitely won't be in the mood when the time actually comes to put up all the decorations because i'll be how months prego or actually have the baby :)

The Russell's said...

I hate that people totally skip thanksgiving now and move straight on to christmas.. dont get me wrong.. i cant WAIT til christmas!! but i love thanksgiving.. and people should wait til after to put up their tree

Laura said...

You're too funny Erin. I agree though, husbands do count a lot toward the good things in life. And just think, you don't have to go to the dentist again for a while!

Ashlee said...

I think the snow should stay in the mountains too :)

Matt and Grace said...

It's fun to read your posts! We're staying home this Thanksgiving, but I'm sure we'll be back in Utah in no time.

Veronica said...

I like the affect you did on your main picture......I need to make one of my pictures like that......but I can't think of any cool ones.