Monday, March 23, 2009

Arizona

Adam and I got to go to Arizona so that our friend Jaren could see his family. I still can't find my camera battery charger, so I had to rely on my phone for pictures, but I didn't always have that with me because, well, a vacation isn't a vacation unless you ditch the phone.

Adam and I went through the Mesa Temple with some good friends from Scottsdale. It was so good to see them (again) and to go to the temple with them.

We had ice cream with a friend, Paige, that I met in Haiti. It was SO good to see her and catch up a little bit. I can't believe it's almost been 2 years since I was there. Crazy.

Speaking of Haiti. While I was there (in haiti), there was a boy, about 15, maybe 16, that fell in love with me. I'm not talking, a crush, I mean love. He told me that we were supposed to get married and have kids and that maybe we could when I got back to Haiti. After I left, he made a present for me and asked Paige to give it to me when she came back to the states. Well, she lives in AZ and i'm in Utah, so we don't see each other that often, but she took it anyway. So when I saw her, she gave me my gift (a beautifully made butterfly on a flower made out of the metal of an oil drum), and I asked how he was doing. Turns out that when he found out I was getting married, it really broke his heart, the other boys made fun of him and he decided he was going to become a priest and dedicate his life to the catholic church. Sad/Cute huh?


March 12 was Jarens birthday and our 6 months of being married mark. We celebrated by having dinner at my parents and I made a pretty dry zebra cake.

While we were in Arizona with his family, we went out to eat in celebration once again. They sang happy birthday and gave him balloons. This was how he wore his balloons.

On the drive home, we almost ran into the BIGGEST TUMBLEWEEDS EVER!!! We're driving along when Adam says "uh oh" and I look up just as these two HUGE tumbleweeds almost devour our car. They were each taller than the car and together were longer than the car. Adam sped up and missed them, but they almost drove us off the road. The unlucky car behind us did have to pull over to avoid being completely engulfed in them. This isn't the tumbleweed we came across, but this is how big they were!

We also ate at

One night we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse Grill. There was an older guy going around making balloon animals and flowers and such. he came to our table and made me a rose. While making it, he asked adam where he works and stuff like that. When he heard that Adam works at a treatment center for boys, he told us that when him and his wife first got married, him and his wife applied to work at a treatments center, her as a secretary, him as a mentor. He had wanted to become a counselor. The place told them only one of them could work there. They decided that she would be the one to work there. It was all Adam and I could do to keep from asking "well, what did you end up doing instead" but then we remembered "oh ya, you became the guy that walks around making balloon animals" how sad is that?

The drive home kinda sucked because of the storms Utah decided to give us. We didn't get home until 1a.m. because of them.

Adam also played football and basketball with Jaren and his friends. I finished my book. We got to sleep in and lay around for hours. Watched the sunset. Ate out a ton, and got to enjoy being just me and Adam, while jaren was with his family. Overall, fantastic trip. Too bad it had to come to an end.

1 comment:

Britanee Walker said...

those are some great pictures from your phone! very jealous you went to arizona and that it was beautiful and sunny :)