Monday, March 30, 2009

pain = progress

Call me lazy, but I haven't worked out in... well, almost a year, and even then, I wasn't very good at going. I lack motivation. I need someone there, pushing me along. Doing it with me. I went for a "jog" with adam the other day. I made it 2 blocks and was tired, but jogged the 2 blocks back. I was pretty proud of myself, as pitiful as it was. Well, a friend of mine does her own boot camp work out twice a week. She invited me to go. (I can only make it once a week, but that's better than none right?!) I was super excited and nervous. When I work out, I tend to get whiny, but am always glad I went, just ask Tori ;). I think I did pretty well. I didn't do as well as Kim, but I did better than I thought I would. I ended up doing 2.25 miles (not all jogging, but most of it was heavier than I did, but I still kept up. She is pretty intense, and I like it. I don't really remember, but I think I may have whined a little too much, but Kim, i'm sorry if i did!! I'm glad you invited me to go! When we were done Saturday, I was sore, but not bad and then didn't even feel it the rest of the night. then Sunday morning, I got out of bed and almost fell over because my legs were so tired and achy and didn't want to hold my weight. My arms kill. Adam has to help me with my shirts. I can barely raise my arms past my shoulders. It's sad. I love it. No pain no gain right?!

2 comments:

Josh, Kim -n- Kapri said...

Thats awesome your arms are dead..lol...Im glad you came and to be honest I dont remember any whinning from you. You did really well! I like that you didnt give up!!!

Austin & Tori Parks said...

That is pretty funny, you are every entertaining to work out with. you were such a trooper waking up every morning to go work out with me when we first moved out. you never fussed too much ;) we looked dang good then. your biceps were the best, they were HUGE!