Friday, March 6, 2009

Proud Day

Yesterday, I had the entire day off. I always feel so motivated when I have an entire day where I don't have to do anything. No prior commitments. No work. I get to plan my day the way I want it. I got SO much done!

I got ALL the laundry clean, folded and put away. That is kind of big for me. I usually get most of it clean and folded, then I start to cuddle with Adam and then I don't put any of it away and the last load in the dryer stays there till I do laundry the next week. Awful, I know. But, it's all done and away this time! What a good feeling.

As I have mentioned before, my mom is awesome. Besides the WWW Cookbook I mentioned last time, she also has 3 other books that she wrote. The teach you how to make and freeze 30 meals in one day. Maybe you knew that, maybe you didn't. Well, I've been to lots of the relief societies and such that she has taught. My mom has been doing it as long as I can remember. I have been out on my own for more than 3 years now. You would think that as the daughter of the author, I would have this down and done by now. Well, you would be thinking wrong. Yesterday with all my motivation, I picked out 5 assemble recipes and made a list of things I would need to make them. Coincidentally, my mom also needed to do some grocery shopping, so we went together. When we got home, we got to work and I am proud to say that after an hour in the kitchen, I now have 15 meals in my freezer. Now all I have to do is remember to take them out to thaw before I go to work. I made my mom real proud. Me too actually.

I also hung up a few pictures finally as well. Hooray for motivated days off!

P.S. I can't find my battery charger for my camera, so I am low on pics until it is found.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are so hilarious Erin, I love it. Well done on your day off! One of these days we should do meals together, I would love to learn!

Britanee Walker said...

I love days off like that! I really need to do the freezer meal thing. It'd really save time...and money!