Monday, April 20, 2009

Professional

The other day at work, I got a phone call. To give you the visual I had of this person, I will show pictures.

He sounded just like Neil on Family guy

And when I heard him talk, I imagined Doug, the brother on 50 first dates

And here is how the conversation went

Hi! I have some questions about your printing
Ok, like what?
What do you do?
What do you need? I bet we have what you need
Pictures. I want pictures.
ok, What size do you need?
BIG! HUGE! MASSIVE! I want a huge picture! How much would that cost?
we can do that, what size are you thinking?
Huge! Poster size! Portrait size! I want a big picture of me on my wall! Do you take the pictures yourself?

**at this point, i have a big smile on my face, he is SO enthusiastic**

nope, I don't. You find a photographer, get the file, and I can print it as big as you want
as big as I want?!
as big as you want :)
Do you have problems with erotic pictures? would you be able to print that kind of stuff?
Depends on how erotic we're talking, but I'll let you know if it's more than we can handle.
I'm huge! you would love it. are you sure you could print it?
well with out knowing exactly what you need, it's hard to say, but, we can work with you
oh, well i'm not talking about naked stuff or anything, just, you know, me with my shirt off. wearing a pair of jeans. my pecs are huge! I want a big picture of me with my shirt off, hanging on my wall
We can definitely make that happen
wow. this is a dream come true. really, you don't know how much this means to me. it's a real dream come true! Have you ever had a dream?
yes, yes I have
well you are making my dream come true! Thank you! thank you! How long will it take
depending on how big you need it, it can be about a week, but first you need to get me the file to print it
really?! wow. that is awesome! thank you so much! you are wonderful! I will be in touch! you take care now!

I got off the phone and couldn't help but laugh. I kept my cool though, made sure he didn't know i thought he was completely hilarious, but i was stone cold either. I had fun with him. Then the phone rings again. I answer. It's a familiar voice, not the guy from the previous phone call, a customer/friend i had been helping

you are so professional.
uh, thank you
no, really, you are a very professional person
uh, ok.... thanks
you handled that so well. i don't know how you kept from laughing right out loud. i had to hold the phone away from my face so you wouldn't hear me laugh. really, you are amazing. I can't believe you held it together so well.

oh man. it was so funny.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hahahaha that is awesome! I love people like him that will keep our days of work interesting. haha What a great story!

Unknown said...

That's freaking hilarious!

Veronica said...

I love doug on 50 First Dates. The story is great with him as the person on the phone. Hilarious!!

Leslie said...

that is hilarious!