Thursday, June 11, 2009

I control the weather

I'm sorry, but it's true. Notice how today started out a little cloudy, but there was still the hope of a beautiful sunny day, but then it turned ugly, dark and rainy? That is my doing. That is how I am feeling today. Today started doubtful, but still hopeful that we would get the $6,000 grant for buying a new home. They were running low, but I still felt we had a chance. When I got to work, it had dropped from 115 left, to 20 left. That's when the darker clouds came out. I was still hopeful, less hopeful, but hopeful still. Now they are all gone. We didn't get it. Now, I don't feel all sorts of frustrated because I feel entitled to the money. I understand it is a gift and a blessing. I am frustrated that the people working for us, took their time, took a week and a half longer than they said they would. We did everything we were supposed to, but they slacked, and we paid.

It also doesn't help that we are supposed to be out of our current place Monday, but the earliest it looks like we can close, is Monday.

But all is well. Adam keeps reminding me of the good. We are still going to be home owners! of a BEAUTIFUL house. We have each other, and after all, it is only money. I love him.

I don't want to end the post with a downer, so I will share my experience getting make up a few weeks ago.

I went to Dillards to buy more foundation, because I was out. I had checked my empty bottle before I left, so I would know what shade to get, but it had worn off. I knew they would help me out and do a color match for me. So my mom and I headed off to the store. I told the girl behind the counter I needed to get new foundation. She asked what shade. I told her I couldn't remember and that it had worn off the lable, but I pointed to the bottle I knew it was in. She got very flustered instantly. She then handed me a paper and told me to pick the color i felt i was closest to, and then walked away. I am not even joking, these were the colors I had to pick from.
Orange and non-skin brown, apparently, are the new skin tones. I looked at the colors and looked at my mom. I thought the white paper it was printed on was a closer match than any of the color samples they had.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hilarious about the makeup colors. Apparently she lacked in training:)

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the house money. That's so irritating when it's not your fault. Way to keep a positive attitude though, you and Adam are a great couple!

Heather said...

Yeah, the whole house thing totally sucks. same with the makeup that's when you ask her which one is her skin tone... unless she fake-and-bakes so much that she is orange, then it works out great!

Teresa Stubbs said...

Remember that one time (I can't remember if it was Jr. High, or High school) you used self-tanner and your legs were really orange; the palms of your hands were orange and there were drip marks around your ankles. Awesome.

Nick and Emily said...

dillards jerkion. love the new colors though. i always thought you looked good in orange. or grey. good choices