Saturday, June 20, 2009

Swine Flu Breeding Grounds

My little brother and sister went to EFY this past week. Because of the crazy swine flu stuff, everyone had to have their temp. taken and had to fill out a questionnaire about how they have felt for the last week and who they have hung out with. if you're feeling fine, why would you truthfully fill out that form if it meant you had to leave EFY? Clearly lots of people lied. or maybe just one really popular person. Lots of people had to go home mid week because they got sick. My sister came home today, with swine flu. my brother hung out with her all week, so we can only hope he gets it too. they went to efy in logan, so they have a 2 hour drive home, sharing the same air, practically touching the whole way. maybe my parents will get it too. wanna make things better? Scott comes home Thursday. maybe we can give him swine flu too. that would be awesome, huh?

But isn't that exciting? Scott is coming home. Soon. 5 sleeps soon. :D

In house news, yes, it's completely done. Yes, we have signed our life away. Yes, we have closed. NO we don't get to move in yet. because if they say "1-2 business days, but probably just 1" it really means "we're going to take the full 2 business days and we waited until thursday evening to sign so you have to wait the whole weekend to know anything". but it's ok. i'm staying positive. a little. we are GOING to move in on Monday. they might not have a choice. i may or may not have the garage code and i may or may not just start moving things in with or with out their permission.

Want more good news? ok, this is the cherry on top. the creme of the crop. the bees knees. our brokers office got broken into yesterday (or maybe the night before yesterday...) and ALL of the computers were stolen. I'm pretty sure those computers have more information about me than I even know about myself. Good thing we just spent ALL of our money on a house, now there's nothing left for them to take :)

Our house is pretty. Our love is much. Our kitties are cute :)

5 comments:

Laura said...

JEESH! That's awful! Well, good point about all your money being gone. My guess is you'll never use that broker again, am I right?

Oh, and enjoy having the swine flu.

Britanee Walker said...

holy cow!! i guess the good and great news is that scott is coming home soon :) and you will have a house to move into soon. that broker sounds like a great one! hope you don't get the swine flu.

Heather said...

You best not be getting sick little missy... I still need you to babysit this week while I go get my mouth drilled on! but if you do get "near death" like the rest of your family, it's okay too... and woo hoo for so to be in your house!

Teresa Stubbs said...

John nor I got swine flu from Bruno, so just don't like any garbage cans or bathroom stalls and you'll be good. THAT'S CRAZY! Scott is coming home so soon!

Jeb and Becca said...

Hey! Congrats on the house!! I guess you are probably moving in right now. Yay! :)
Funny thing...There is this girl from our ward in Minnesota that started babysitting for us when she turned 12 and I recently became her friend on facebook. Well...she posted pictures from EFY last week and I saw Lani in the pics! Such a small world. :)
Love ya,Bec
P.S. We are coming to Utah July 2 and good luck with Scott coming home! Soooo exciting.